Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog doesn't reset cRIO

Hi,

I would like to use watchdog functionality on my cRIO (9031). I used "watchdog configure" vi, set small amount of timeout and never use whack vi. Watchdog expired but didn't reset my cRIO. I have installed appropriate drivers on cRIO. Do I have to enable watchdog functionality somewhere ? I tried to use an exmaple but it also didn't reset cRIO.

Kamil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,085 Views)

There is a cluster input on the Watchdog Configure.vi called "expiration actions".  You should just have to set the "reset" boolean to TRUE.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,079 Views)

I did it 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,074 Views)

my configuration:

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,048 Views)

I guess it helps to read the help file:

"Configuring a watchdog object does not start the watchdog counter.  Use the Watchdog Start VI or the Watchdog Whack VI to start the watchdog counter."

So Whack the watchdog after configuring and that should get the counter started.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,044 Views)

I was using whack also. As I wrote the watchdog expires (status from whack) but doesn't restart device. I have tried it with NI example - Watchdog - RT engine and it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,041 Views)

Hi Kamilk,

why dont you just share your demo project with us, so we can have a look. It is easier to look at the whole thing then to check every possible misstake in writing.

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,991 Views)

In attachement an example which I used.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,989 Views)

Hi!

I just tested it myself to be on the safe side with a cRIO 9033 (which is pretty similar) and it works as a charm. Perhaps you didnt activate the "reset target on expire" button before the VI was run?!

Best regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,963 Views)