Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand 2015 - Unable to connect or deploy System Definition to cRIO-9068

I'm trying to get Veristand 2015 working on a cRIO-9068 with FPGA. I have the Veristand Engine installed on the cRIO. And I am able to program the FPGA with LabView, but anytime I try to connect or deploy the System Definition I get an error, most commonly error 62:

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 62 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Serial port overrun error.
=========================
LabVIEW:  The system caused the network connection to be aborted.
=========================
NI VeriStand:  ??? in Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Send Loop.vi:3000002->Server TCP Interface.lvlib:TCP Connection Manager.vi:7430001

I would really appreciate any help with this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,268 Views)

When I try to connect, instead of run or deploy I get an error that Veristand can't find the bitfile. Do I need to create a custom bitfile like here?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,237 Views)

Hi HMalik,

A custom bitfile is necessary unless you are using one of the included VeriStand examples.

It is also possible that the VeriStand engine is not running on your target, as described in this KnowledgeBase Article.

Hope that helps at least a little!

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,226 Views)

Thanks for the help, how can I tell if the VeriStand engine is running? I ran

ps -A

to see if I could see the process, but I couldn't find any that were VeriStand related.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,201 Views)

The easiest way to check if the engine is running is to check the console. If the engine is running, the console will display something to the extent of "VeriStand Engine Idle." If it is not running, the console will not say anything about VeriStand (probably just something like "Welcome to LabVIEW Real-Time").

You can either connect a monitor to the controller, or look at the console on the web interface.

Steven Gloor
Staff Customer Engineer - CTA, CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,183 Views)