From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from a 9076 to a 9064

Hello experts;

I am trying to upgrade from a cRIO 9076 to a 9064 and am stuck on a connectivity issue.

I am able to connect to either cRIO locally but when I have a peer connect through the internet via a port-forwarded router he can connect to the 9076's no problem but the 9064's he can not see even though all the settings are identicle as follows:

Same Ethernet settings for IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS Server.

IP address: 192.168.2.20

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.2.1

DNS Server: 8.8.8.8

Are there other security considerations in migrating to the 9064's?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,258 Views)

Hey astickel,

You said the IP settings were exactly the same? This might be causing your issue, especially if your 9076 is still connected - you'll only be able to see one or the other. Try making a slight modification to your IP address - 192.168.2.21, for example.

If that doesn't work, you should also take a look at this document for troubleshooting networked devices. I'd pay special attention to the IP reset - it sounds like the static IP address might be causing some issues, and might be wise to let the subnet automatically assign an IP instead. Let me know how it goes!

Derek B. (esoDerek)
Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,246 Views)

Ah, please forgive me for not being more clear. Only one of the two cRIOs was ever powered at the same time. I have only 1 port forwarded on the router to that address and I am not able to login to the router to forward to a second address. This is also why I am using a static assignment of the IP address.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,238 Views)

Hi astickel,

I would recommend trying an IP reset, and then setting the static IP to your desired address on the 9064. Going through the steps in this KB should be very helpful!

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42

Let me know how it goes!

Derek B. (esoDerek)
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,208 Views)

Thansk for your thoughts esoDerek. I went through the process and nothing functionally changed.

The differences of my 2 cRIOS are:

- MAC address

- Host Name

- Linux or non-Linux based systems

Is there anything special about the Linux based systems which could affect its connectivity? I am wondering if the router may be to blame due to the MAC address or Host Name being different.

Locally I have no issue, I see the 9064 on the local network and can talk to it without issue. Only the remote connection is unresponsive for only the 9064.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,142 Views)

Hey astickel,

That's interesting! Yes, this could have something to do with your router settings - if you have a port that only allows one specific address through, you should check those settings and make sure there are no MAC address / host name conflicts.We should also make sure that everything besides the router is configured correctly.

First, please ensure that you have the correct software for your cRIO 9064. The 9064 requires LabVIEW 2014 SP1 (as well as LV RT 2014 SP1 and the LV FPGA Module 2014 SP1). You will also require the NI-RIO device drivers (earliest February 2015). These could be affecting your ability to see them on the network. 

Second, I'd like to make sure that we avoid any IP address conflicts - even if both devices are not powered on at the same time, your network might be registering a conflict. My recommendation would be to add another port, if possible, but if that is not an option then please change the IP address of your 9076 to some other address. This may address the issue - but the better solution would still be an entirely new static IP address.

If youi could post a screenshot of your device's network settings (on the local network) and your router settings, that might be helpful in troubleshooting!

Thanks, and good luck!

Derek B. (esoDerek)
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,122 Views)