From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported ethernet chipset on Desktop PC RT Target?

Hi,

I am currently attempting to configure a desktop PC as an RT target. My ethernet chipset is the Intel® I217-LM Gigabit Clarkville Ethernet, and I am using LabVIEW Real Time Module from LabVIEW 2013 SP1.

My issue is that I have formatted the C: drive so that the PC now attempts to boot into the RTOS, but an error message displays the following:

Unable to find boot program c:\ph_exec.exe. Booting into Safe Mode...

No supported network devices found. A network adapter with a supported ethernet chipset is required.

and it immediately reboots.

Is my chipset only compatible with LabVIEW RT 2014 and newer? If i upgraded to that software would my problem be fixed? Or Would I be better off purchasing and installing an older ethernet chipset?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,188 Views)

Hey Moults31, 

I just sent you an email regarding the information you were looking for. 

For the community, the  Intel® I217-LM Gigabit Clarkville Ethernet chipset is supported in LabVIEW Real-Time 2014 and newer. It currently does not work with LabVIEW 2013 SP1 and older.

For information on Requirements for a Desktop PC, check out this NI White Paper that discusses each version and software/hardware requirements. 

Hope this helps everyone out!

Douglas Choisnet
Message 2 of 5
(5,172 Views)

Hello Douglas,

Can you provide me with a link that updates the white paper you reference to include Real-Time 2016?

Regards,

dork_matter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,224 Views)

Hello dork_matter

What you can do, it is to use the tool to see if the system has all the requirements. See the link below.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9209361E17708D548625744A007FF353 (Test My PC for Compatibility with LabVIEW RT)

On the other hand as you can see in this link: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/8239/en/. The 2014+ means that we have not modified something in the newest versions.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,210 Views)

Ethernet Chipsets  support  Intel 219 ?

or USB3.0  Real Time Support?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,356 Views)