Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the fpga compile server

Hi, I keep getting the following message when trying to compile my FPGA code -> LabVIEW FPGA was unable to connect to the FPGA compile server....

System configuration:

Win 7 64

LV 2009 (32 bit) SP1

LV FPGA 2009 SP1

cRIO 9024

9114 Chassis

I am developing and compiling on the same machine with the cRIO attached through a wired router.

I've tried repairing the FPGA installation with no changes.

The attached screen shots are displayed in the order they are pasted

Any insight would be appreciated - thanks in advance!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31
(8,194 Views)

Try this:

Why Do I Get FPGA Compile Server Errors?

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31
(8,176 Views)

Can you try using "localhost" instead of the ip provided?

Can you remote compile on another machine?
Also note that xilinx used by LV FPGA doesn't officially support Windows 7. Although this has been tested by National Instruments and should work, there could be issues. So its best to double check that you can compile on another system if at all possible.

Regards,

Andrew E.

National Instruments
RIO Embedded Hardware PSE

CompactRIO Developers Guide
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31
(8,161 Views)

Thanks for your replies.

One interesting note is that when the compile server launched the status indicator displayed "Running" for just an instant beore it changed to "Idle" and then would not connect and then timeout.

I installed the FPGA software on my laptop - same OS, development environment, anti-virus, firewall settings, etc and it worked the first time out of the box with no problems or changes in configuration.

I suspect an installation problem so I am going to unistall the FPGA software and re-install it - I will update this thread when this is done.

Your input is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31
(8,157 Views)

"DOH!" - I managed to fix this issue by changing a permission setting in my anti-virus firewall then re-booting.

Thanks for the help and sorry for the fire drill!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31
(8,146 Views)
Wasn't that mentioned in the link in my initial post; just trying to understand how you resovled the issue...so please be sure to post the solution if it's different than the one mentioned, so others can benefit.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31
(8,133 Views)

Sorry,

Nothing to do with the port settings

I added the port as the link suggested but nothing changed so I deleted the port.

To resolve the issue I went into McAfee's advanced firewall settings and selected the option to allow the compile server full internet acces.

This fixed the problem immediately.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31
(8,125 Views)

I have the same antivirus, and  I alredy do what you say, but doesn´t work, any other option??

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31
(7,798 Views)

Hi Emmanuelol,

What steps have you done so far?  What's the operating system that you're using?  What version of LabVIEW?

Jared S.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31
(7,771 Views)

Hi, i already unactived the firewall, also the antivirus, my OS is windows 7 my version of LabVIEW is 2009 full development, i know that xilinx not bring support for windows 7, but do you know others alternatives for use the server compilation???mor the only way is use virtual machines??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31
(7,734 Views)