From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to the fpga compile server

Hey Andrew,

I have the same problem. I am not able to connect to the NI Cloud Compile service because of firewall issues.
Therefore I tried to find a solution to make it on my local computer possible.
What I did was the following steps :

- Search in the programs in the National Instruments directory the FPGA Compile tools and select the in my case firefox link.

- Once this is opened I was able to log on to the system using my pasword for adminstrator rights

- I selected the 2nd Icon and this gave me the message connecting... And not showing anything

- I opened the System web server (6th Icon) and changed the port that is normally blocked 3582 to port 8594 (I looked up the open ports of windows this is one of then)

- Changed the port number in the firefox link from the FPGA Compile tools and Reboot the computer.

- I started the FPGA Compile Worker and connected to the web configurator.

- In the 2nd Icon now I noticed that the I was able to get some information.

- Started up Labview and the FPGA compiler started building my code.

I don't know that this is a good way to do it. But this is the way I was able to compile my code locally when I could not connect to the Cloud Compile service.

Maybe this can be usefull for other people.

Message 31 of 31
(1,230 Views)