Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP cRIO communication

Does anyone know if cRIO can be polled via Modbus, DNP3.0 or OPC?

All using TCP.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,659 Views)

Hi scullcrusher,

Are you asking about using an OPC/Modbus/DNP connection on the host PC to connect to the cRIO or using the cRIO to communicate to other devices through one of those protocols? Both should be possible using the LabVIEW DSC module. With the first case you would need to deploy a slave/client application to report back to LabVIEW and then communicate to the server from there. Using the cRIO as a Modbus slave is probably the easiest way, and there is a library of VIs on our developer community that make this communication very simple. If you were wanting to use the cRIO as a server then the programming would depend on how to plan to connect to the slave devices.

Regards,

Peter W.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,642 Views)

Hi,

I  wish to send data from Host computer to cRIO . I have set the IP address of Host computer (sender) to be at 192.168.1.3 and the IP address of cRIO (receiver) to be at 192.168.1.40. And giving sasme port no (6341) in both side.

I am getting random value with actual value. Also every time its getting reset

Attached are the two VIs that i am trying out with two PCs. I am not able to get it to work. Would appreciate if anyone can help to point out my mistakes? Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,319 Views)

What extra values are you receiving? I would expect your data indicator to be overwritten with each iteration as it just displays the current data read from the TCP connection. If you want to store that data you'll need to write it to an array with a shift register or similar architecture.   

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
CLD Certified
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,309 Views)