cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Installation on cRIO for Vision Application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello NI Folks,

I am working on a real time vision application using cRIO-9082. I have installed Labview Professional 2011 on my host computer (default Installation) and configured my cRIO in MAX.  Latest drivers from NI website NI-RIO 12.0.1 were intalled on my cRIO. 

I decide to start dumping a small application on my cRIO as suggested in the below document

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10867/en#toc2

while going through this document , as shown in step 2, I didnt fount any NI-IMAQ server or NI-IMAQdx RT on my cRIO. I called NI Support and they advised to reinstall  vision develeopment module with custom selecting those two drivers .But  during installation I didnt find any option to select such drivers related to RT. 

Are these drivers for real time vision applications are already included in my NI-RIO 12.0.1  or Do I still need to install seperately?? I dont have ethernet camera at this moment to check whether crio is working or not.In the licence manager I can see LabVIEW RT is installed and activated

Is my cRIO ready for dumping a program and working with vision applications ? 

host computer: LabVIEW Professional development system 2011 SP1

Target : cRIO-9082 with NI-RIO 12.0.1 

Regards

Neo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,566 Views)

Hello NI Folks,

I tried to reinstall LabVIEW real time oncemore... but I didnt find any drivers as shown in NI documents.

Any ideas ???

Regards

Vaidhin Polisetti.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,552 Views)

Hey there.

The NI LabVIEW Vision Development Module is a separate module for LabVIEW - it does NOT come bundled with LabVIEW Real-Time nor the NI Compact-RIO drivers.  The LabVIEW Real-Time module and the NI Compact-RIO drivers only provide the base functionality to run LabVIEW code on a cRIO.  If you want to develop Vision applications on your cRIO-908x controller, the NI LabVIEW Vision Development Module is a required separate module.  It would likely be best to contact your sales representative to discuss purchasing this module.

-Danny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,547 Views)

Hi Danny ,

Thank you very much for the reply. I have everything installed on my machine.Labview professional development system with RT ,FPGA, Vison Development module, RIO drivers.  The thing is I am not able to find the required drivers as mentioned in step 2 in the below document

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10867/en#toc2

I am stuck at this point. I jus want to know whether my cRIO is ready for deploying vision applications.

Regards

Neo.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,542 Views)

The easy answer is that if you didn't install it, it's not there.  (Referring to software on your cRIO)

Can you take a snapshot of what you DO see?  

-Danny

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,538 Views)

Hi Danny,

What I mean to say is , I installed everything on my host PC....

These are the screen shot of the softwares installed on cRIO

1.png2.png3.png

These are the list of softwares installed on cRIO. I tried to reinstall softwares again then it is showing the same list of above softwares to re install..... Is there anything missing on host PC . Labview Professional Developers suite with alll toolkits( real time and vision development module also included) is installed.

Regards

Neo. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,526 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neo6

Yeah, that's what I figured.

You've got the Recommended Software Stack (RSS) installed - you only see mention of "add-ons" when you're using an RSS.  The document you specified says you need to perform a custom installation.  When you go to install software in MAX, on the VERY FIRST SCREEN (after launching the software installation wizard) you are presented with a number of options - you probably just click on "NI RIO 12.0 - November 2012" by default because it has a gold ribbon next to it.  Don't do that.  Click on "Custom Software Installation".  You will then get a warning saying something like, "Only do this if you know what you're doing" - if you don't get the warning, you know you're not doing it right.  🙂

Once you go through, LabVIEW Real-Time and so on will probably already be selected (since you've installed an RSS), but the options you want (namely the Vision components) will then be visible.  

-Danny

Message 7 of 8
(6,520 Views)

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your help. I found out the two drivers as mentioned in the document. 

Thank you once again Smiley Happy

Regards

Neo.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,513 Views)