From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up myRIO wifi

Solved!
Go to solution

I used to be able to connect to the myRIO wirelessly, but that was about 3 years ago.  I recently tried to connect to it and the myRIO doesn't show in my wireless networks.  I went to set up the wireless network and the "create wireless network" didn't show up.  I read that could be because I need to update the drivers.  I updated the drivers and now "create wireless network" does show up.  I follow the instructions to set up the wifi, but it still will not set up the wireless network.  What is the problem?  If this has already been discussed, sorry, but please show link.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,744 Views)

I forgot to mention that under "Wireless Adapter wlan0" the "Status" just says "scanning" and never changes to "connected" 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,684 Views)

Make sure you are not forgetting to set your country. Also it seems like you are trying to setup your myRIO in an access point (AP) mode, can you confirm?

If you can please post your MAX technical report so we can see what is installed on your computer, see this KB

Lastly, can you connect to an existing Wifi instead of making an AP mode?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,675 Views)

Hello Miro_T,

I am trying to setup the myRIO as an access point.  It does the same thing when trying to connect to an existing Wifi; the wlan0 status never changes from scanning. 

I attached the MAX simple report.  I can do the other ones if you need.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,668 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rdoswald

I guess there was something up with the computer I was using.  I brought in my laptop and updated the myrio software using my laptop and the wifi works fine now.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,612 Views)

Thanks for an update and I'm glad you got it working! Maybe there are some OS differences? I noticed you are using 2013 NI software which means that would not Support Windows 10 since that came out in 2014.... just some thoughts...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,594 Views)