From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting sbRIO IP address without using link-local

Hello

I am working deployment of an image to sbRIO in production. Deploying the image works well, but setting up the sbRIO so that i can actually deploy the image does not. In production the deployment will deal with brand new sbRIO cards, so they will connect as DHCP/link-local.

The setup i have does not allow me to:

- Set the IP properties of the sbRIO manually.

- Set the host computer IP properties to DHCP/link-local

- Use a switch with DHCP

So at this point i can find the sbRIO with the System Configuration VI's. I can download the image to the sbRIO (if i manually set the IP address to static on the same subnet as the host). But i can not connect to the sbRIO with the System Configuration VI's unless i change the host computer IP settings, and so i cant set the IP settings on the sbRIO so that they match the host.

However, MAX seems to be able set the IP settings on the sbRIO just fine no matter if its using link-local or not. So it should be doable.

Does anyone have experience with this? How does MAX do it?

Ideally i would like to:

-Connect the (new) sbRIO

- Discover it (link-local)

- Set a static IP

- Write image

I also wonder if anyone else have seen strange behaviour in MAX when interacting with a sbRIO on a network card with multiple IP addresses? And if so, can it be fixed? In  my case new IP settings doesnt settle on the sbRIO unless the (host) network card has max one IP address.

/ Nimgaard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,739 Views)