Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SbRio 9642 Configuration

Solved!
Go to solution
I'm using SbRio 9642, but I am facing a problem in Configuration the board appeared in the Remote System as with name 0.0.0.0, and no expand available to the device.

The system setting give me unconfigured .
While I tried to follow the steps on MAX help of configuration the IP address to set the Networks setting.

I used the DHCP or Link Local to Configure IPv4 Address but the address appeared 0.0.0.0 also Subnet Mask , Gateway and DNS Server are all 0.0.0.0 and still unconfigured .

I tried to follow the steps in MAX help to set the IPv4 Address as a static put it is not clearly enough to get it because it's too general.

Some useful data appeared in Networks setting was that the device is( eth0 primary device), the TCP/IP Network type.

Please give me a specific steps to follow for Configuration of my SbRio 9642.

Please support us as much as you can.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,191 Views)
Solution
Accepted by oldcairo.cairo

Hey Cairo,

Make sure to be thorough.  It's easy to miss a step or overlook something small.

Why Does My Networked Device Not Show Up In Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42

You can use the Knowledge Base to do a thorough walk through of everything and setting all settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,167 Views)
Dear engineer, thank you for your time to help me.

Actually I tried to follow the link steps but it was not useful to munch.

I format the disc from NI MAX , and put the DIP reset switch on and restart the board from restart button, then but DIP reset switch to off, and refreshing MAX to find my sbrio as connect.

It works, but I have to do it for every time I connect to my laptop.is that normal ?

The problem also I have a program which is working on simulation in a good way. But after compilation at the Sb Rio it compiled successfully, but no output, it give zero at the waveform graph
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,094 Views)

It works, but I have to do it for every time I connect to my laptop.is that normal ?

Do you mean that you have to refresh MAX everytime or that you have to format disk, put DIP switch On, restart board, DIP switch off and then refresh MAX to see it your sbRIO?

But after compilation at the Sb Rio it compiled successfully, but no output, it give zero at the waveform graph

What was the waveform graph putting out before?  You'd have to debug  your code to be able to ask a more specific question.

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,080 Views)

Dear engineer at first i want to thank you for your help, i realy appreciate your efforts .

again i want to let you know i think my problem solved using the link you gave to me, when i installed the system configuration.
but the problem that i have to do all those steps ( put DIP IP resrt switch to on, then restart the board Push button, then put the DIP IP resrt switch to of then refresh MAX ) every time, is that normal ?

about my program problem :  attached to you my FFT program which work very good at simulation but not working at real SbRio 9642 after succesfully compilation.

Please help me as much as you can.

Eng M Samy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,071 Views)

Is there a reason in your "Target.vi" you are working with an Analog Input (AI1) and not an Analog Output?

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,062 Views)
Yes I am acquiring analog signal from accelerometer connected to C module NI 9234 mounted to sbrio 9642 , and this is the input signal ,that I am doing FFT.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,052 Views)

Can you see a signal coming out of the module?

Also,  what do you mean running in SIMULATION mode worked fine on the sbRIO?

Thanks,

Bear

Regards,

Ben Johnson
ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,032 Views)

Have you worked on the issue at all?

How is it going?

-Bear

Regards,