Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Panel doesn't show the VI

I am trying to make a remote panel to control my cRIO. I do with the instruction from this link
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB6C6841486E84EA862576C8005A0C26
But after doing as following steps, it failed to load the VI on the web server
Step1:Open the VI which will be the front panel and using web publishing tool...
1.png

Step 2: after enter Title, choose the directory to save the web page
2.png

Step 3: After saving, it is included in my project under RT-target

3.png

Step4: I deploy all and then create the RT application4.png

5.png

6.png7.png

Step 5: Deploy it and run as startup. Then I restart the cRIO.
8.png

Step 6: After restarting, I try to connect the cRIO again to check whether the VI started or not. It shows that
9.png

Step 7: Open it in web browser:
It does not show the Start-up VI.

10.png

11.png
I have installed the Runtime Engine 2015 already

Please help me. coz this is the first time I work with cRIO

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,998 Views)

After check again with the newest IE, It shows me that "Server does not support Remote Panels". Please give me the solution

12.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,985 Views)

Hello,

Even due is your first time using cRIO I believe you did a good job. Can you please attach the project? I have several cRIOs and I can try to reproduce the issue.

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,934 Views)

I uploaded my project and I have some question in Readme!. Please help me. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,925 Views)

Hello,

I review your code and I have some comments. The first thing is that you are not using any error handling methods and we are not sure if there is an error on the code.

Why do you have a Timed while loop inside of a simple while loop?

Did you follow the instrucitons on this document: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C23EF1551D8C52ED86256B140073EE2E ?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Can you let us know more information of the HMI you want to use?

Regards,

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,912 Views)

Dear Mr. Rscd27,

1/the timed loop works when have the signal "TRUE" from shared variable "START". and to wait for that signal, I need a while loop here. That's my thought.

2/ at first I think as you mentioned. HMI should be in the host. but when I create the Real-time application from BUild specification. I can not add HMI as the startup VI ( as the following picture). I dont understand the meaning of "Startup VIs". It means the UI appearing on web server or the VI will run automatically when cRIO starts?
13.png

Btw, could you give me the procedure to make a remote panels to control cRIO via the web server?
Thank you so much

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,905 Views)

Hello,

I am sorry for my mistake. Please check this guide I created it.

Randy @Rscd27@
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,881 Views)

Firstly, thank you for your guide. It's very clearly and useful

Then, I have two problems here:
1/ The VI I chose has the path quite strange with "EDIT_cRIO9xxxx_{ABCXDDDDD....}"
14.png

2/ I cannot preview in Browser 😞 that could be the reason why it shows "Server does not support Remote Panel"
15.png

As the last time I checked the software in cRIO. I have installed all software into it. But I will check it again next week, coz now is the weekend so I am not in the lab of my uni.
Hope you can see my problem and help me. thank you so much again

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,864 Views)

Hello,

To be honest with you I am not sure what that error could be. Could you follow this instructions to export the newest configuraiton of your project:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/166ECBD0AB87C320862571080082AA0F

Randy @Rscd27@
Message 9 of 11
(4,830 Views)

Dear Rscd27,

could you use teamviewer to help me to make the remote panel :'( I have worked for a long time but it still fails 😞 please contact with me via email: eddieduy@gmail.com or fb: https://www.facebook.com/lehuynhanhduy140392 

Please help me :'(

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,578 Views)