From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT runs interactively but it won't compile (Error 1)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am working on a project that is having a strange issue compiling for a cRIO.  I have inherited code that works interactively but will not compile so that it can be depoyed.  The error that I am receiving is as follows:

Error 1 occurred at Invoke Node in AB_RTEXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
NI-488:  Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.

Method Name: Build:Application

I also have an old snapshot of the project that is able to compile but something else is preventing it from working.  I was unable to find any significant differences in the top-level RT VI.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why I might be getting this error?

Info:  LabVIEW 2010 SP1, cRIO-9024

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,490 Views)

Hello Nathan_B,

Have you checked out the following KnowledgeBase article yet?

Why Do I Get Error 1 When Deploying a Library with LabVIEW DSC?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8EF71E1DDDC36C908625716900594B50

If you find that you are still encountering this error message after following the solutions in that article, can you please provide us with some more information such as:

1. A screenshot of your block diagram, particularly around the Invoke Node that the error message is referring to

2.  Another screenshot of NI MAX showing the software that you have both on your development system and on your device

These will be great starting points for helping us troubleshoot this error.

Erin D.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,467 Views)

I'm not really sure how that article is related to my issue.  I don't have LabVIEW DSC and I'm able to build and deploy an earlier version of the RT application (there does not appear to be significant changes in the top level VI; I was not able to check all of the VIs in the heirarchy).

Also, the VIs mentioned in the error are not used anywhere in my application.  They are used by the "AppBuilder" (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\AppBuilder\AB_Classes\RTEXE).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,463 Views)

Hello Nathan_B,

Is your application trying to deploy any libraries? What changes were made between the working application and this one that throws the error? Looking within the VI's for the source of error is helpful, but I would also look at the Build Specifications configuration of the working application to see if there is anything you might be missing in your new application's configuration.

Can you please provide us with some more information such as:

1. A screenshot of your block diagram, particularly around the Invoke Node that the error message is referring to

2.  Another screenshot of NI MAX showing the software that you have both on your development system and on your device

These will be great starting points for helping us troubleshoot this error.

Erin D.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,442 Views)

1.  The error occurs in a VI that only National Instruments has access to (password protected) so I cannot get you a screenshot of that.

2.  Here is the software that I have on my development system (where I'm trying to compile the RT VI).

NI_Software_List.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,267 Views)

Hello Nathan_B,

Is your application trying to deploy any libraries?

Within your build specification, have you selected to Disconnect Type Defs?

Also, you could probably try building the application with remote debugging:

Enabling Remote Debugging in a LabVIEW Built Application

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/56C5DD9C609AC543862571F5005655BE?OpenDocument

I would also double check to make sure that you don't have anything in your code that is not supported in the Real-Time environment:

Unsupported LabVIEW Features (RT Module on VxWorks Targets)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370622G-01/lvrtconcepts/rt_unsupportedvxworks/

Erin D.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,253 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nathan_B.

I think I found the issue.  I found this document and looked into the suggested solutions.  So, I was able to compile the RT application after I fixed the executable filename.  Sadly, it appears to have been blank (which is obviously not a valid filename).

I have yet to test actually running the compiled executable but I think the issue that I originally posted about is solved.

Thank you for the time that you took to try and help me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,242 Views)