cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIO evaluation kit

Solved!
Go to solution

Beste mensen

ik heb enige tijd terug een RIO evaluation kit besteld.

die heb ik goed aan de praat gekregen.

ik wil nu echter enkele groepen studenten ermee laten werken, dus heb ik een 2de exemplaar besteld.

het lukt me echter niet om daarmee verbinding te maken.

niet met MAX, niet met de LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit Setup Utility.

sluit ik echter het eerste systeem weer aan, dan lukt het wel. zelfde kabels, zelfde internet aansluiting.

ik kan me herinneren dat ik dit probleem ook had met het eerste exemplaar maar om eerlijk te zijn heb ik toen vanalles en nog wat geprobeerd en ik weet niet meer wat toen de oplossing was.

wel heb ik inmiddels in MAX ook de configuratie data gereset, maar ook dat helpt niet.

help.

ik overweeg om tzt enkele myRIO's aan te schaffen, kan ik dit probleem daarmee ook verwachten?

met vriendelijke groet

Cor van Leuken

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,427 Views)

Dear Cor,

Can you please repost your message in English?

This forum is an international platform of NI users around the world and it is more likely that you will get an answer in English.

Thanks !

Kind regards,

Cédric | NI Belgium
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,410 Views)

I am sorry. Yesterday I was a little bit in a hurry.

In English:

Some time ago, I ordered a RIO evaluation kit .

This is working perfect.

For my students, I ordered a 2nd RIO evaluation kit.

And I can't connect it to my computer.

Not using MAX, not using the LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit Setup Utility.

Using the first kit, it works. Same cables, same LAN connection.

Later on, I remembered the same problem occured with the first RIO evaluation but I don't remember the solution (I tried a lot of actions).

I have reset (using MAX) the configuration data , but it didn't help.

System information:

Windows 7, 64 bit

LabVIEW 2012

Cor van Leuken

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,404 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author C.vanLeuken

Hello

My problem is solved:

The RIO evaluation kit reacts different at the Windows firewall when it is new or when it isn't new. OR: I suppose this was the cause.

I used the RIO at my private computer system, I installed some software using MAX. This works.

Now I am able to use it at the University as well.

Whit exact the same hardware configuration I used yesterday when it won't work.

Cor van Leuken

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,382 Views)

Dear Cor,

It is good to know that you found a solution!

I am maybe too late (I am sorry for this), but here is some usefull information to help you understand how it works:

I am not sure how the LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit Setup Utility handles this exactly, but the following manual method should always work:

1. If you connect your sbRIO to an existing home or company network through a router, there is a lot of chances that a DHCP server will assign automatically an IP to your sbRIO and you have basically nothing else to do.

2. If you connect your sbRIO to a computer with a direct connection (no router or whatever in between), then you have to use a static IP address for both your computer and the sbRIO. By default, the sbRIO will take an address on the 169.254.x.x range. It means that you have first to set your computer in the same range. For example:

- IP Address: 169.254.0.1
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0 
- Default Gateway: blank 
- DNS servers: blank 

After this, the sbRIO should be recognized once connected.

Those two options are valid the first time you connect your sbRIO to a system. If the sbRIO has already an IP address assigned, you have to reset it to the factory state:

- Hold down the reset button untill Status LED turns on, then release and the LED should start blinking three times every few seconds.

- Repeat this a second time. The Status LED should repeat the same behaviour.

At this moment, the sbRIO will take an IP address following explanation 1. or 2. above.

Depending on how your computer at the university is configured (network or direct connection?, which IP range?), it is possible that you have some difficulties to assign an IP to the sbRIO and using your home computer probably helped the sbRIO to assign itself an IP address.

This is however just assumptions as I would need more information about the university computer/network configuration to undestand what happened exactly.

Kind regards,

Cédric | NI Belgium
Message 5 of 10
(7,376 Views)

Dear Cédric

indeed, at home the sbRIO is connected through a router and at the university through an USB-LAN, directly to the computer.

It is good to know the cause.

And both at home and at the university I have put the sbRIO into the factory setting.

Kind regards,

Cor van Leuken

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,372 Views)

Hi,

I bought an NI LabVIEW RIO Evaluation kit. It is connected and working well. I used a sine wave generator and connected to FPGA. The sine wave i am getting is in triangular wave form. The parametrs for my requirement is 5KHz, amplitude 4.24. Please help me to make the sinusoidal smooth wave.

Thanks and regards,

Shaz Rahath

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,578 Views)

Dera friends, 

I am trying to send a sine wave signal generated by the signal generator of the Rio FPGA Kit to one of the analoge inputs and read it on an analoge output but the problem is that it just works for frequencies less than 20 Hz!!! for frequencies higher than 20 Hz the output signal cannot follow the signal generator.

Could you please help me

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,068 Views)

why do you have a true boolean wired to the stop terminal in your loop? Also your loop timer should go in the first frame of a sequence structure, your fpga IO nodes in the second frame. Set the loop timer to sometihng reasonable --- 20 us, there is no way the IO can do a 1MHz update rate as in the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,058 Views)

Hi, could you please tell me how I can send from one Analog input to anoter please, I do not know FPGA well!!

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,049 Views)