Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with creating Testbench for FlexRIO

Hi all,

I have tried to create a testbench for a VI running on a flexRio PXI-7952R board. I followed the tutorial in the Labview help, but I cannot make it run.

Everything works fine when I simulate for a R-Series (e.g. PCIe-7852R) board. But when I use a FlexRio-Board I get the following error message:

Fehler -61399 ist bei Execution of an FPGA VI on the development computer aufgetreten

Mögliche Ursachen:

LabVIEW FPGA:  Die Ausführung des FPGA-VIs auf dem Entwicklungscomputer wird für das Objekt bzw. den Knoten im benutzerdefinierten VI für die FPGA-I/O nicht unterstützt.

Node type: Read I/O
I/O item:  IO Module\SPI Busy

(Sorry for the German)

I am sure that I have created cases for all IOs.

I think, the Problem is, that in the Testbench-VI the name of the IO-Case is expected to be "IO Module\*IO_Name*" and not simply "*IO_Name*" as it is the case for the R-Series devices. The problem is that the backslash is not accepted in the case name but simply deleted for the string.

Does anybody know a workaround for that issue?

Regards,
Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,489 Views)

Hi Matthias

Please have a look at this forums post and this KB:

FPGA simulated I/O Recive error -61399,

Error -61399 When Execute FPGA VI on Development Computer With Custom VI for FPGA I/O

Kind regards

Pixar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,467 Views)

I just wanted to add that the "\" character is generally used to indicate a special character.  To enter a literal backslash  "\" in the case structure, use a double backslash "\\".  This should help with the "IO Module\..."  items in your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,392 Views)

I apologize for resurecting an old post but ran into error -61399 with NI 6581 +PXIe-7966R.

My input is DIO1, output is DIO6. I can compile by using the workaround suggested by Jennifer O. e.g. IO Module\\DDCA_DIO6_Write

Thanks,

Mohit Kapur

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,862 Views)