Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with cRIO 9025

Looking at the image you have posted - there is clearly software installed on the cRIO, but it doesn't have things like NI-RIO or NI Scan Engine.

It is difficult to say what should be there without detailed knowledge of the RT application, and if you don't have the source code, the only thing you can do is assume it is all ok.

Maybe the easy and obvious next thing to do is to swap the IO modules, or test in a known working chassis.

Consultant Control Engineer
www-isc-ltd.com
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,859 Views)

Yes, I connected the COM. In the previous post you mentioned that I could do a back-up of the cRIO. I have tried it, but through MAX I only see the VISA configuration and I can`t see the FPGA , so I can't do a back-up of all original system, is it right? I follow the following steps:

export.PNG

wizard.PNG

Check.PNG

In regard to the status LED, as you can see in the pages 11-12 of the manual that I attach, it describes the status in function of the number of flashes every few seconds. In my case, only when I power on the cRIO, the status LED remains two seconds turned on.

The modules maybe are OK, because there are four modules and none works . If I have the possibility I will test the system with another chassis.

BDW: It is intriguing that the cRIO deploys and shares the variables through the network but with a no known value (as you can see in the picture of the Distributed System Manager of the first post). It is maybe because of the cRIO is OK, but the chassis which is the element that have to manage the FPGA programming, modules, etc, doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,856 Views)

When I was talking about back-up, I was thinking about you accessing the file system on the cRIO through a web-browser pointed to the IP address of the cRIO. You should then be able to find the application files and at least copy them to a safe place in case you need to re-install. This may only work if web-access is enabled and could still be password protected. The export method you show below is just for the system configuration.

In fact if you use the file explorer you may find some files that help you with your diagnostics

Without the source code or some clear instructions you can follow explaining exactly how the system should be configured (network, PC application, RT application, FPGA, IO modules), then it is difficult to know what else to suggest, other than trying to isolate where a possible fault is by testing/replacing bits of hardware.

www-isc-ltd.com
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,848 Views)

I have web access. I have never worked before with rt devices so, what are the important files that I have to back up?

I show below the files tree:

cRIO web.PNG

Next week I will be able to interchange the modules with other chassis, I will keep you up to date.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,822 Views)

Some advances have been done. I have installed the NI-RIO software into the cRIO. It seems that it is something elemental to recognize both the FPGA and the chassis modules. I don't know how is possible that it has disappeaered from the cRIO.

As you can see in the image below, now the FPGA is visible thorugh MAX, and the DI/O modules are visibles from a cRIO LabVIEW project.

MAX.PNGProject.PNG

However, the CAN modules aren't recognized. I think that is because of the fact that I need to install the CAN drivers into cRIO.

CAN fail.PNG

Exploring variables through Distributed System Manager, I can see the shared variables, but their values remains at "No known". I know that before the problem started, there was a process with DI/O variables and although the DI/O modules has been recognized, these variables aren't published yet.

DSM.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(2,810 Views)

Sounds like you are making progress - I think there will be separate drivers for the CAN modules that should be installed separately and need for them to work. In MAX, if you click on Software and select Add/Remove you should be able to see if there is CAN software that can be installed but not already present on the cRIO.

Regarding the backup of your cRIO files - your application will be in /startup if it has been set to run every time the power is applied. There may be some data files / log files / support files that go along with your application, so you probably should have a search though the file structure to find any that might be relevant (e.g. look for files with same date/time as your application, or the last time it was booted?)

www-isc-ltd.com
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(2,793 Views)