Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with measure with CRIo NI 9215

Hello,

I have project of control DC motor in LV with CRIo in SCAN MODE and I want to scan voltage and current by analog input modul NI 9215. But I have wrong values if check it by volt-ampermeter. I suppose that is some problem with sampling of A/D converter. Because voltage and current changes very quickly and it sample very diffrent values. So the result is not correct. I just need measure effective values and make a graphes.

Thanks for advices.

Ross.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,551 Views)

Hi zabloros,

could you please describe a little more in detail what and how you are measuring with the 9215 and especially with the 'volt-ampmeter'? Is it a multimeter with RMS display option?

What is your sampling frequency when using 9215? In what range and how does the sampled data change?

I suspect that you see the AC content of a signal when sampling with 9215, which is fitlered out by the multimeter when measurign with that one.

You could also try to use the Basic Averaged DC - RMS vi from the Signal Processing->Waveform Measurements palette and see if it helps.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,542 Views)

Thank you for reply. RIght now I´m working on it in lab. Sorry, my description was a bit confused. Yes, I checked voltage and current by multimetr. I have voltage and current probe connected to DC motor and NI 9215. I want to measure these two values. The voltage is twice higer then on multimetr and sometimes jumps to zero. The Basic Averaged DC - RMS doesn´t help. I just tried it. Where I can change sampling frequency? I think that I need lower frequency because it samples every disturbances.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,536 Views)

Settings of time engine I have 100 ms. I´m adding the grapgh of the voltage. It should be constant 15 V, which I measure by multimetr.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,529 Views)

Well, the attached screenshot looks good to me, this is how your signal actually looks like. With the multimeter you obtain different values, most probably because of the low-pass filtering (and perhaps rectifying too) characteristic of the device.

Sampling with lower speed will not help to obtain better results. I think, you should rather do some processing on the digitized signal (depending on your application of course).

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,513 Views)

HI,

I am measuring 2 voltage  signals using 9215. The cRIO is working in scan mode. I have observed that if one signal affects other signal. The rise in signal 1 bring a drop in signal 2.There are no grounding issues with the sustem.

Can you please tell me how can I prevent this issue.

Regards,

falcon

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,815 Views)