From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ftp

I cannot get ftp to work with a cRIO-9012 Controller. It used to work with LabVIEW 8.6.1, but our IT department has forced us onto Windows 7, so I'm forced to use a newer LabVIEW.

I can get access, but cannot do directory listings or transfer files. What I can and can't do can be seen in the Command Prompt screenshot below:

Screenshot.png

I can ftp in, I can log in, I can change directories. However, the ls command results in everything hanging. I need to ^C to regain control.

I can open files in Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer, but not using Command Prompt commands. I need to get the Command Prompt method to work so that I can use the System Exec.vi to automate the process.

I'm using Windows 7 Enterprise, NI CompactRIO 14.0.1 - August 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,774 Views)

Thanks to my work colleague Peter, this is now solved. As probably expected, it was a permissions issue. The website http://superuser.com/questions/215775/command-line-ftp-function-does-not-work has the solution, which is shown below.

I had an issue with transmitting files via FTP once I was logged into the box in question. It would create the file name, but the file was empty. I resolved by doing the following:

• go to Control Panel → Windows Firewall → Advanced Settings → Inbound Rules
  • double-click the Name column to sort by name
  • scroll down until you see two rules called "File Transfer Program"; these were set to Block on my PC (big red circle with a line through it)
  • double-click on the rule
  • on the General tab, under Action, set to "Allow the connection"
  • click OK
  • do this for the other rule

Regards,

Vito

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,762 Views)