Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Deploy All in Scan Interface project.

Hello,
I am trying to solve one conflict in my CompactRIO NI 9038 with Operating system NI Linux Real-Time x64 4.1.15-rt17-4.0.0f0.
I don't see C series modules in Distributed system manager so i tried resolved this problem more ways but without positive result. After type "Deploy all" in project I just receive error message:
"One or more items in this deployment require the NI Scan Engine and corresponding I/O driver(s) to be installed.  Go to MAX to install. If you continue to encounter this conflict, refer to the "Deploying and Running VIs on an RT Target" topic in the LabVIEW Help for information about resolving target deployment conflicts."

Deploy error.jpg

When I compare project with system it display also error about bad installed Scan Interface engine.

Compare project with system error.jpg

I tried to uninstall and install again all software and it was instaled properly, but problem still remain. And at the past my system worked with that configuration normally and it was able to Deploy All.

Installed Software.png

I also tried to delete Startup application "startup.rtexe" and Deployed Data "/var/local/natinst/deployfwk/config" in Linux RT folder manager. It also doesn't solve the problem. Anyway also reset of CMOS chipset and set default BIOS settings doesn't help.

In Distributed system manager I can see just Libraries of one project which shouldn't be in the system, but it still remain somehow.

DSM.jpg

It seems like only option is the format disc on CompactRIO. But after that I will lost also my Linux RT operation system.
I didn't found any source for download Installation file for this Operation system and I also don't know a how to exactly built a new Linux kernel because I'm absolute beginner with Linux. Or if there are any other ways how to solve it I will be grateful for every idea. Anyway please give me some info, how to install Linux RT operating system back after I will format my disc on cRIO.

Thank you for advices and help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,466 Views)

Solved.....

I formatted my disc, Install all software, upgrade firmware in MAX and NI Linux RT is still there. After try to add C-Series module it showed error about FPGA target is busy. I redeployed chassis in FPGA mode and it helps. Now I'm able to deploy also in Scan interface mode.C-Series module.png

Message 2 of 5
(3,418 Views)

Unfortunately the problem occured again and now it's not solvable by redeploy in FPGA mode. After formatted cRIO disc and install all software there is error during adding chassis in FPGA mode and searching C-series modules.

FPGA Interface Module Creation Conflict.png

Same error ocurred when try to add C-series module again in FPGA and also Scan Interfaces chassis mode.
And Disable RT and FPGA Startup App is not helping same as Erase firmware from FPGA target.

C-Series module.png

After several attempts the C-series module was found but after confirming this dialogue.

FPGA has been programed.png

When try to deploy I recieve some errors of connecting to the target.

Problem with connection to target.png

Than after redeploy in FPGA mode there is still error of deploy in Scan Interface mode.Deploy error.jpg

Also undeploy C-series module throws some errors.

Undeploy c-series module.png

In this point i have no idea what else I can do. Any idea please? Is posible that my hardware is broken? Is there some remote diagnostic of hardware from NI support? Maybe my operation system is corrupted. After format disc there is still Linux RT installed in target and it's just possible to upgrade it from MAX. Looks like operation system is in some separate flash memory and I dont know how to build it from start.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,360 Views)

Hi Dezzolator,

You could try to remove all C-modules from cRIO and insert&deploy them one by one to find out if there is a specific module that is responsible for this error.

Regards,

Pavel

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,300 Views)

Hi Dezzolator,

Is there any progress that you had about this issue? Did you try to remove all modules and create a simple FPGA application? As you know, there are some modules that are only avaliable in FPGA. There may be an issue with the drivers so it's the best way to make sure.

Please let us know the situation after you removed all modules.

Emre

Actor Framework rocks!
Emre TUZUNER
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,284 Views)