From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North atlantic resolver(Model No:75DS2-1B1B1FC0) labview driver for NI real time controller

Hi all,

I have North atlantic resolver(Model No:75DS2-1B1B1FC0) and LVDT/RVDT Simulation(Model No:75DS2-52521FC0)  cards. I am using this card in RT. I downloaded instrument driver from http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=2386. How can I use this driver in RT code for simulate the resolver and lvdt? 

Regards,
Rathnam.M(CLAD),
Nokia Siemens Network
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,023 Views)

As you can see on the link you specified, this driver is supported on Real Time application development environment. So you can deploy the code using these Instrument VI's to your RT system.

You would find the VI's for running the instrument in Instrument I/O >> Instrument drivers sub-palette once drivers are installed. Using this VI's you can build your application. You might have to refer the Instrument manual to build your system.

Hope that helps!

Shreyas Hebbare
Shreyas Technologies
India
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,984 Views)

I know it has been a while but NAI has had the LabView RT driver for a while now. The standard Window drivers now contains all the drivers which includes the VISA driver and the Windows drivers for 7 and XP.Using the stanard Windows driver will require the standard DLL.

If you are using the standard LabView running on Windows 7 or XP with NI VISA software layer you will need the VISA driver. The VISA driver's low level register operation follows NI method of talking to the board in a PC or in a PXI chassis. Installing the proper driver is the key to getting the board to work. If you allow Windows OS to pick the driver to use you are in trouble and it is going to a very  long day of frustration. Go into the Windows device manager and recognizing an entery that represents the NAI board should not be difficult to find. The entry should have yellow question mark indicating that something has been installed but not really working. If the Windows device manager sees the board correctly and MAX does not see the board at all then you have the wrong driver. Using the device manager and cherry picking the right driver from the list of driver provided in the NAI Windows driver offering is the way to get it working.

Once the driver is loaded the VISA has the API library in import form and there is a VI that opens and reads the serial with other information.

Using LabView RT requires additional files that are provided in the NAI driver which is now available.

The API is in a VI form so you may need to locate the VI you need then store in a folder that is more convenient to find. 

I have an outline that properly step through the method to progam the D/S models that you have. Please feel feel to request the program outline. JOEA

Einstein proved by taking time in thinking about a problem he proved there is no such thing as gravitational pull. Therefore, given enough time and thought a problem can be solved. If the problem is not solved then there has not been enough thought.
Message 3 of 4
(4,349 Views)

HI,

Finally wer u able to use the drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,893 Views)