From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI c-RIO 9035 - problem with software instalation on the device

Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner in labview RT. I have problem with new NI cRio-9035. I'm unable to log into device and install software on it and log in (device is in safe mode).
I tried instal software on cRio both by LAN and USB cable. When I try axpand my NI cRio in Remote Systems in NI MAX i can't see Software (and the same I am unable to install it on cRio module).
IP adress was properly assigned. There are no problems using Troubleshoot Remote System Discovery tool (all ok).
 When connected via ethernet: sometimes device is not visible in MAX but cRio is all the time connected to LAN.
I have no idea what's the problem.
I will be grateful for any suggestion.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,806 Views)

Hi mlbos

Is there a reason why you use a static IP address?

The first time I had to setup a CompactRIO I used this file: http://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/compactrio/first-use. This will help you to get through the first installation.

Regards

Jasper

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,774 Views)

Hey mlbos,

What is the message you see when you try to log into the cRIO?

If you're on a laptop, I recommend disabling the wireless network NIC. Sometimes having multiple active NICs can cause problems with MAX.

Andrew T.
"His job is to shed light, and not to master" - Robert Hunter
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,752 Views)

I did everything written in the manual. Always wireless network was disabled (when connecting by USB). But i solved this problem: I installed the updates even though I had all the necessary programs installed. It helped.

Thanks for the commitment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,748 Views)