From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9403 cRIO, cannot write

Hello,

I have LV2012 up and running.  I started a Scan Interface project with the cRIO system but for some reason I can only read DIO from the module, I cannot write to it.  The access mode is greyed out.  Is there a reason for this? Do I have to be in FPGA Interface to fully utilize the DIO?

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,266 Views)

Yes, it looks like you must be FPGA Interface to communicate and compile to the controller.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,262 Views)

Hi there.

Yes, you can. Although you have a higher flexibility in FPGA interface, the way to do it on Scan Interface is by configuring the line direction at the module configuration, simply right click the 9403 at the project and select properties.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 3 of 6
(6,251 Views)

Oh I understand, is it also possible to control other modules like drivers 9501 and 9505 in the Scan Interface?  I really don't like these 5-8 minute compiles.

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,246 Views)

Unfortunately those modules are not currently supported on Scan Interface. For more information refer to this page. I hope this helps Smiley Wink

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,243 Views)

Nevermind.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,715 Views)