Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure voltage and temperature simultaneously with PCI 6281

Solved!
Go to solution

Measure voltage and temperature simultaneously at same time. However, when I put voltage and temperature in one loop, the voltage acquisition is delayed significantly. When I put voltage and temperature in two different loop, none of them works.  There is an example in Labview help as shown. Does this structure work fast enough? Morever, how can a get volgate and temperatue from Analog DBL 1Chan 1Samp? I check the exported excel, the first column is 0, 1 the second column is voltage value, temperatue value. I wonder how can I get this two values for every scan.

original.png捕获.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,724 Views)

You do a read N Channels 1 Sample with your DAQmx Read.  That will give you data from both channels.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,721 Views)
yes. do you know how can i split result into seperate voltage and temperature value?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,716 Views)

Index Array

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,709 Views)

Thanks crossrulz. 

But my question is that I want to read temperature and voltage separately. The above picture I put here is to read voltage and temperatuer in one task.  So I only can read voltage and temperatue simultaneously. But I want to read temperature when voltage reaches zero. So do you think it is possbile?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,670 Views)

What's wrong with sampling them together?  So you use Index Array to get your two channels' data.  When the voltage is 0, do whatever it is you want to with the temperature data.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,668 Views)

What I want to do is that when voltage is 0, I want to wait 100 us  to acquire temperature. If I put voltage and temperature acquisition into one task, temperature I can get is the point that voltage is 0. Do you think I can acquire temperature after 100 us when voltage is 0.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,664 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author onlylno

Assuming that DAQ card can handle it, you can set up an analog trigger for the voltage channel.  Then you just sample X samples to get your 100us worth of data.  Keep the last sample.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,661 Views)

Thanks crossrulz I will try to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,649 Views)