Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect IP Address Reported by sbRIO-9606

I am using a sbRIO-9606 in one of my jobs and I am using the System Configuration subVI's to get the IP Address of the sbRIO.

The board is reporting an IP address of 127.0.0.1 instead of the correct 192.168.225.13 I am setting it to. The subnet mask is reported correctly as 255.255.255.0

I have used the same code on other sbRIO-9606 in the past and it seems to work just fine. Has anybody had the same problem before?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,852 Views)

Hello LabviewingToday,

Are you able to communicate with the device at the 192.168.225.13 address? Is the problem that the System Configuration VIs are reporting the wrong address, or that the sbRIO is not accepting the IP address that you are giving it? Has the device recently been reformatted or had major changes made to the software?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,830 Views)

Siana A.

The sbRIO is responding at 192.168.225.13 just fine. No other functionality is being affected. The controller was not formatted recently. When I say it has worked before, I meant on other jobs but still using the sbRIO-9606.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,822 Views)

Hello LabviewingToday,

What function/property node are you using to retrieve the IP address? Would you be able to post a small snippet of the code you are using? The fact that it is giving you a loopback address might mean that it is incorrectly pointing to your host computer instead of the RIO target. 

What you should be able to do is open a session with the sbRIO and then use the System Session property node to report the IP address. There is a similar community example on our site, where instead of reading the IP of each system it reads and changes the subnet: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-40063

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,805 Views)