From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to zip files on a cRIO 9012 RT platform.Are there any suitable VIs?

I've been trying to find a way to zip folders (that contain numerous TDMS and TXT files) on a cRIO RT platform.

Zipping the same folders on windows results in zipped files 10 times smaller.

It would be fantastic if I could do the same on the cRIO before these files have to be downloaded to a computer (through FTP which takes an extremely long time and freezes for several minutes the computer that receives the data).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Theo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,782 Views)

For anyone who's pursuing the same goal, I have received some feedback from NI which I am including below.

If you have succeeded to zip files on an RT platform before or know how it can be done please share.

---------------

>> The Zip VIs that are available in LabVIEW are aperating system dependent and they do not work on the RT-OS's. So the bad news is that, LabVIEW does not currently ship with RT zip functions. Therefore, officially the answer is no!!

>> However, there is some good news, another customer provided a solution on our discussion forums. The OpenG Zip library was reported to work well on LabVIEW Real-Time - both the Pharlab and VxWorks systems. Please peruse the following link. I would recommend reading through the entire thread, but the useful links appear on the final page.

Unzip Files Within Labview

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=199541&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

----------------

I will try the above and if I succeed i will update this thread.

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
(3,773 Views)

Is this still an issue, no zipping on RT?

And will OpenG work on Linux RT?

Bjarke Dahl-Madsen - CLA,CLED
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,007 Views)