Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to choose the right USB DAQ device for my application

Hello All,

I'm student and I have project to measure temperature with thermocouple and then use the temperatures reading to control two micro pumps (if temp. rise will increase the pumping fluid and vice versa). So, my question is which NI DAQ devices i should use and what model number?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,778 Views)

How many temperature channels?  How are you controlling the micro pumps (more concerned about how you connect and communicate with the micro pumps)?  How fast do you need to control the pumps?  How reliable does the control system have to be?  Any safety concerns?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,746 Views)

Thank you for your quick response. I’m planning to use one or two thermocouple. The micro pumps analog input voltage signal are 0-10 volt each. and by using connector Block (like SCB 68?) and labView software would communicate with pumps. I do not know what you mean about how fast to control the pumps, but I think it doesn’t matter for me.  The system is to provide MQL Minimum quantity lubricant for machining processes, Just to give you an idea about the project.

Thanks and appreciate your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,740 Views)

Sounds like you could get away with a USB-6001.  I am not sure how it handles the Cold-Junction for your thermocouples though.  Also note that if your computer goes down (or USB is unplugged unexpectedly), your pumps will likely be back to 0V (whatever that does to your system).  In some systems, that could be an issue for safety reasons.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,734 Views)

so it’s possible to use NI USB-TC01 and NI USB 6001 with thermocouple to read temperature along with LabView software to increase/decrease the pump flow(voltages signal) according to the temperature rise/ decrease. In other word, the fluid flow as function of temperature.

Sorry for this too many question, because I want to by the right hardware. the pumps im going to use are micropump MZR 2521

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,727 Views)