Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop fpga loop from host VI stop button

I am running a loop in FPGA (Chassis- Crio 9073) to do measuremt from a sensor. I want to stop the execution of this loop in a safe manner using a stop button on the user interface VI from the windows host machine. Please suggest any existing examples in Labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,107 Views)

It really depends on your architecture.  The simplest way would be to add a Stop button to the front panel of the FPGA and write to it using the FPGA interface on the host.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(6,102 Views)

could you please explain how to access the stop button of FPGA front panel from the Host FPGA  interface

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,099 Views)

Look at http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371599H-01/lvfpgahost/fpga_interface_palette/, specifically the part on the Read/Write Controls.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,093 Views)

Hi,

have your problem get solved ? if not then attach the images of your fpga vi code.

do you read the mesurement data on RT via fpga i.e reading sensor in fpga and then transfer the data via FIFO into RT. Now when you run your code in RT your fpga vi should be run and when you stop your RT code your fpga will also stop.

i you require i will send you a sample RT - FPGA read and display vi.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,964 Views)