Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change cDAQ desktop background?

Hi,

Anybody know how to change the desktop background on a cDAQ?  When I click on the display properties icon it does absolutely nothing!

Regards

Ashley

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,886 Views)

Hi ashesman1,

To better diagnose your problem I have a couple questions:

1. Which cDAQ are you using?

2. Which Operating System are you using?  

3. Have you restarted your cDAQ after clicking on the display properties icon?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,840 Views)

Hi,

Using cDAQ-9132.  Runninf Linux.  It has the latest firmware.  Using Labview 16.1.  I have restarted it many times during my playing.  Clicking the display properties icon brings up a window that closes almost immediately.  Too fast to see what is on it.

Thanks

Ashley

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,831 Views)

Hi ashesman1,

Haven't been able to test this on my end, but it seems like you could shell into the Linux RT cDAQ by browsing to its IP address in a web browser (something with Silverlight installed) and run some standard Linux command line code to change the background.  

Here's some general information from a Linux forum on the commands to change desktop background: 

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/change-background-via-command-line-350936/

And here's some more information about getting those commands pushed to the Linux RT target: 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AFCAC25164CDBD4C86257C6A00545CD5

Hopefully this helps!

Matt | NI Systems Engineering
Message 4 of 5
(2,809 Views)

OK, thanks for your help.  I will give it a go...  

I have used SSH to change some stuff before so could do it that way.  I got a new cDAQ the other day and it actually allows me to open the display properties dialog so I may even be able to do it through there.  I havent looked yet...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,800 Views)