Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Capable is the Cheaper cRIOs

Hello Hooovahh,

Have you considered the sbRIO series? For the volumes you are talking about you should be able to source them through your NI representative.

Depending on model they are quite capable, some have a single CAN interface built in (which runs from the RT side, not FPGA), have some built in I/O and can support a limited subset of C-Series modules via a mezzanine card.

The one we use (sbRIO-9636, we use the onboard I/O and CAN but don't need the mezzanine) is less than half the price of a cRIO-9068.

Cheers,

Richard.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(2,844 Views)

Okay so I was looking at NI's site recently and I saw a few things that made me happy.  There now exists a $2,000 newer verison cRIO that is running Linux Real Time.  It is an 8 slot, and supports the CAN/LIN modules I linked to earlyer.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/212805

Built in USB host, gig-ethernet, and a serial port.  Everything I've ever wanted.  Now to convince my local sales rep to give us a discount and we have our new test platform.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(2,784 Views)

Yep, the 9066 and 9067 were released at NI Week.  They are almost identical to the 9068.  I already speced out the 9066 for one application.  Still waiting to see if that application actually happens.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(2,780 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Yep, the 9066 and 9067 were released at NI Week.  They are almost identical to the 9068.  I already speced out the 9066 for one application.  Still waiting to see if that application actually happens.

Yeah you mentioned a cheaper one was coming out, but I wasn't in on the keynote where it was announced.  I didn't see anything else mentioned.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,778 Views)