Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compile Error -61499 with 9146

I'm expanding my RIO system with a 9146 Ethernet Expansion Chassis. I get the following error when trying to compile code for it:

Error -61499 occurred at niFpgaCompileWorker_AnalyzeTimingViolations.vi<-niFpgaCompileWorker_AnalyzeTimingPaths.vi<-niFpgaCompileWorker_CheckForErrors.vi<-niFpgaCompileWorker_JobComplete.vi<-niFpgaCompile_Worker.vi:1

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW FPGA:  An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred.  Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support.

Additional Information: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./objects/lvfpga_dist/win32U/i386/msvc90/release/root\resource\RVI\TimingViolation\scripts\niFpgaTimingViolationMain.py", line 280, in <module>
NameError: name 'constraintDict' is not defined

Return Code:1

Please advise if you know the cause of this issue and a solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(7,402 Views)

This article may help you out.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(7,388 Views)

I get exactly the same error when I compile a project with a 9237 and a 9514 module on a 9076 chassis with an empty FPGA vi. The same project compiles without errors when I remove the 9514 module from the project.

I am in contact with NI to try to resolve the problem, but they are able to compile the project without issues. I'm using LabVIEW 12, Xilinx 13.4.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(7,348 Views)

It looks like you both have a timing violation.  After attempting to compile, you should have the option to view the details of the violation in the compilation results window.  This will open a window that explains the path that has been violated.  Double click on it and it will highlight the affected path on your Block Diagram. If you are unable to view the details this violation, post your xilinxlog.txt file which is located at C:\NIFGPA\compilation\(folder corresponding to your compilation).

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(7,344 Views)

The error is internal and does not show a specific path or diagram component that causes a timing violation. The compiler ends iwth "An error occurred" not with "There is a timing violation" or something along those lines.

I tried a few things and I can compile with the 9514 by itself and the 9237 by itself. But when both modules are in the project I get the error.

I have attached to compiler log files.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(7,334 Views)
I am using Rio-9075 with NI 9234 module. I am also facing the same problem. Can anyone help. Please.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(7,046 Views)

Hi Umar,

Check out what I posted on this forum:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/compile-error-61499-for-my-crio-9076/m-p/2523496#M766647

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(7,026 Views)

Hi,

I encountered a similar error, but it's for devide sbbRIO 9642

The error information is in the following: 

Error -61499 occurred at niFpgaXml_GetValue_String.vi<-niFpgaXml_SetValue_String.vi<-niFpgaBuild_Configure_AddToJobList.vi<-niFpgaCompileWorker_StartCompilation.vi<-niFpgaCompile_Worker.vi:1

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW FPGA: An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support.

Additional Information: Missing required XML tag (/CompileServerList)

I tried the method you mentioned above, but it doesn't really work. 

Any help? 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,462 Views)

Hi Yongxin

I do not completly understand what you have tried. The other thread has some references to a couple of KBs, but the customer solved the issue by reinstalling FPGA, Real Time and Xilix. Have you tried to repair the software on your computer?

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,443 Views)

Hi WenR,

I am trying to compile a FPGA IP node in the LabVioew and it reports such error. 

I haven't tried the reinstall the software yet since I didn't see any post that is exactly the same problem with me. But will try. 

THanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,425 Views)