From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIR Compiler Scaling issues

When attempting to implement an FIR Bandpass filter and a Hilbert transformer filter using the FIR compiler I am consistently encountering an issue in which the data scales up to on the order of 10^8. The goal of the FPGA code I am writing is to calculate the instantaneous frequency from this Transform so scaling is definitely an issue. I also noticed that by messing with the fixed point representation word lengths i was able to achieve different scalings, for reasons i do not fully understand. Could someone help my achieve these transforms without scaling the output so severely?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,031 Views)

Hi jarrisonwins,

Thank you for the post! What hardware are you working with?

As a side note, I would also recommend posting on Xilinx forums if you have not already done so, as you would be likely to find more users of the FIR Compiler on there. While it can be called from LabVIEW, it was primarily developed by Xilinx.

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,004 Views)