Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse Include Files not Found

Hello,

I have installed C & C++ Development Tools for NI Linux Real Time 2014, Eclipse, and am having issues with the "includes" folder populating correctly.

After installing the the eclipse software and creating a new project for C++ Hello World, I get unresolved includsion: iostream

After reviewing a colleagues computer with eclipse installed, the problem seems to be due to the CDT Cross GCC Built-in Compiler Settings not populating (ie. on my computer, this preprocessor include entry has nothing inside it, however on my colleagues machine, it has many includes and symbols defined).

I have tried uninstalling eclipse and re-installing, but still cannot find a solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,758 Views)

Could you post a screenshot of the CDT Cross GCC Built-In Compiler Settings window as it appears in your Eclipse environment?  And one of the error you are seeing?

Cody A.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,735 Views)

Hi Cody,

I have solved this problem.

I had a fortran GNU compiler installed on my computer (for use with some simulation software on my computer), and this seems to have caused all the problems.  When I looked at the paths included by the Cross GCC it was refering to the fortran directory rather than the National Instruments directory.  To solve the problem, I have uninstalled the fortran software and now everything works, macros and paths properly populated by the Cross GCC.

Maybe you have a better solution than to delete the fortran software?  Maybe modifying my $PATH environment variable so the NI path comes at the end rather than beginning?

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,733 Views)