Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digilent NXT Sensor Adapter for myRIO

hello

i am new to labview and myrio and here is my quistion 

i am tring to find a way to read the nxt sensor in labview using the ( Digilent NXT Sensor Adapter for myRIO ) in myrio

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/212737

the problem is that the nxt sensors block and hitech sensoes they ask for port in nxt mindsorm brik wich i dont have one and i want to be able to read from this sensors using myrio and the adabter 

and if there is any example code it will be more helpfull 

can anyone help me with this 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,345 Views)

Hi there,

It should be any problem using  nxt sensors with Digilent NXT Sensor Adapter for myRIO and myRIO. Could attached the error code?

Also here 1 y 2 are some examples that you can use!

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,299 Views)

we are using labview for myrio platform and i dont thimk that the example you recomended will help me becouse they are using nxt mindsorm 

and this is our main problem, how to adreess the nxt port to myrio 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,291 Views)

Hi There,

I did some research about it and I found this web pages that talk about it, please take a look on this links (1 2 3) and let me know if those help you

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,270 Views)
Hello keroba thanks for your interest but all the links you sent to me didn't help me with my problems it talk about the schematic dog ran of the wiring but I need some thing to help me with the programming and how to take the reading from the sensors
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,216 Views)

Hi emonzer

sorry for that. So when you connect the Digilent NXT Sensor Adapter for myRIO in the myRIO, then you connect the NXT sensors on it and you create a LabVIEW project and add the myRIO on it,  are you able to see or detect the sensors? What do you see if you do that?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,197 Views)

Hello,

there are a couple of basic steps you need to take to read an NXT sensor into the NI myRIO via the Digilent NXT Sensor Adapter for NI myRIO.

1. Create a new NI myRIO Project (LabVIEW Start Screen -> Create Project -> Templates -> myRIO -> myRIO Project)
    • Follow the wizzard to setup your project
  2. Open the Main.vi (found in the project view under your myRIO
    • delete the Accelerator Express VI
    • add an AnalogIn Express VI from the myRIO LabVIEW Pallet
    • Assuming you connected the adapter to the myRIO MXP Port A then
      • A/AI0 (Pin 3) reads the sensor value of port NXT0
      • A/AI1 (Pin 5) reads the sensor value of port NXT1
      • A/AI2 (Pin 7) reads the sensor value of port NXT2

myRIO4NXT.png

I've tried this with the NXT LightSensor and NXT Ultrsound Distance Sensor and it worked OK.

I'll follow up if I get some more examples going. I am also looking into using the Digilent Motor Adapter for NI myRIO running with a NXT Motor.

I'll keep you posted.

cheers

Ingo

Regards
Ingo Foldvari
Area Sales Manager - US West Academic
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,775 Views)