From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact RIo's programming mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm working on Compact RIO 9022 including two chassis NI9403(Digital CHassis) and NI92205(Analog Chasis), and I want to konw if it is possibly to program my controler using scan Interface instead of scan engine. Because I find out that Scan Interface is dedicated for specific Modules as NI 9014 and NI 9073.

Thank you in advance for your answers

Best Regards

Nadia

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,021 Views)

k.nadia wrote:  I want to konw if it is possibly to program my controler using scan Interface instead of scan engine.

Well, that makes no sense.  The Scan Interface uses the Scan Engine.  I'm pretty sure the 9403 and 9205 modules will work with the Scan Interface.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,017 Views)

Hello Nadia,

Thank you for posting to the National Instruments Forum.

Can you tell us briefly what is your application?

Do you have an error occuring when you try to develop in Scan Mode?

Here are some information which can help you;

- cRIO Scan Mode

- Your Spec

- Choose you mode (P7)

Here's is a short extract:

Scan Interface mode enables you to use C Series modules directly from LabVIEW Real-Time. Modules that you use in Scan Interface mode appear directly under the chassis item in the Project Explorer
window and I/O channels appear as I/O variables under the modules. To use I/O variables, you drag and drop them to LabVIEW Real-Time VIs. In Scan Interface mode, you do not need to do any LabVIEW FPGA development or program communication between FPGA and Host VIs. You also do not need to wait for VIs to be compiled to the FPGA before deploying and running them. In Scan Interface mode , LabVIEW programs the FPGA on the CompactRIO target to work with the variables."

Keep us notified,

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,005 Views)

Hi,

Thank you Both for answering my quetion.

Actually I want to acquire eight signals each one has a frequency of 1kHz. At fisrt I used a Scan engine mode  and I put my eight variables in an timed loop. And I Converted each variable in a waveform. But later I was told that I will be limited In signal's acquisition  besauce my  timed loop could not go faster than 1 Khz. For that I was Wondering If it is possible to program my controler using FPGA inteface

My best regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,996 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author k.nadia

Message 5 of 8
(5,993 Views)

Hello Nadia,

One more thing: Your controller only handle the RT part of your programm. The backplane will handle the FPGA chip. We need to know with which chassis you're going to pair your controller 9022 with.

In your first, message, you told us that your system was: your controller 9022 +  " two chassis NI9403(Digital CHassis) and NI92205(Analog Chasis)".

The NI9403 is a C serie module and the other one doesn't exist.

Can you told us a little more about your chassis. You can only programm in FPGA if you have the right chassis.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,986 Views)

I wantt to write  9205, it was a tyinp error

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,969 Views)

Hello Nadia,

9205 is also a C Serie Module. But every reconfigurable chassis has an FPGA chip (and more generally every cRIO). That's one of the difference between cDAQ and cRIO. But if you need more information about its spec, you need to know exactly which chassis you have.

Anyway, you will be able to develop with LabVIEW FPGA.

Kind Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,959 Views)