cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact RIO - vxworks

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Adlo

First, I delete the folder "PPC603gnu". Afterwards, i do the whole procedure (run "gccsetup.bat" and "make") which results in the same error message. Meanwhile, an empty folder (PPC603gnu) is created in the "example" folder.

Regards

Davarpanah

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(2,679 Views)

Hi Devarpanah,

thanks for the update, checking your %PATHS% environment variable, I see that you have installed Matlab Software which might point to a versioning problem for the compiler. Run the .bat file again and then type the following command in the command prompt:

c++ppc -v

which will produce the following output

version1.png

Make sure that the gcc version matches the one I have above. Post your results and let me know of any differences, thanks!

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(2,671 Views)

Hi Adlo,

Thank you very much for your efforts

NI6.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(2,665 Views)

Hi Davarpanah,

could you send the the contents of your vxworks61gccdist folder? I would like to see if you have any partial PPC603 links when compiling. Thanks! (you can just everything in a .zip file)

Thanks,

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(2,651 Views)

Hi Aldo,

Because of the file size limitation, I divide the compressed file into seven parts. Please, after dowloading three parts, put them in a same folder, and extract the first part.

It should be noted that the attached zipped file consists of all contents of the vxworks61gccdist folder. Moreover, the mentioned folder is in the root C:\.

The first part is attached in this post.

Thanks

Davarpanah

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(2,648 Views)

Second and third parts are attached

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(2,647 Views)

Forth and fifth parts are attached

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(2,646 Views)

Hi Aldo,

Two last parts are attached.

Let me know if you can extract the files. It is likely that you need the "Winrar" to extract them.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(2,645 Views)

Thanks for the files Davarpanah,

I downloaded your code and ran it on a Windows XP 32-bit SP3 virtual machine without any problems. I was able to build the example program without any errors. The next step here would be to start fresh with your environment variables or to contact WindRiver (developer of vxworks) to see what might be causing the get_feature error in your message. I have attached a screenshot of the results. 

It appears that other people are having trouble with the same issue with the c++ppc compiler:

1) http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/Creating-out-file-using-GNU-Make-for-VxWorks/td-p/...

2) http://forums.usfirst.org/showthread.php?t=18768

3) http://fixunix.com/vxworks/48355-ccppc-spawn-get_feature-failed.html

but no known solutions have been found. Keep us updated on what you find. Thanks!

Aldo A
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 19 of 23
(2,634 Views)

Hi Adlo,

Thank you for your efforts,

Is there any other solution. For example is any commercial program available as a substitute for vxworks?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(2,630 Views)