Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compact RIO :using front pannel with depolyed stand alone application

Dear All,

I am using RT compact RIO system to control an automatic machine containing motors, actuators, sensors etc...

I have developed a LabVIEW application which works fine on the Compact RIO.

The application has buttons/indicators on the LabVIEW front pannel.

Now I would like to deploy my application on the target as "stand alone" application.

However I would like to use my LabVIEW front pannel with buttons/indicators etc...

Could you please tell me the best way to do that.

(I see also that I can not build .exe application of my project).

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,443 Views)

If you are using a cRIO-903X series, you can enable the embedded display port.  If not, then what you really need to do is create a Windows application that talks to the cRIO over TCP/IP.  I use either Network Streams or the STM library.  So your Windows application is your front panel GUI that you interact with and the cRIO just reads messages and reacts accordingly.

cRIOs are meant to run headlessly because GUIs tend to add a lot of jitter.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,419 Views)

Thank you,

I am using cRIO 9063 series (RT/FPGA), so I guess there is no embedded display port.

By winodws application you mean .exe application ? because with Labview I can create .exe application also...and then use it to communicate with the cRIO through TCP/IP. Is this correct?

General remark:

It think with NI PCI cards , there are possibilities to execute Labview applications with graphic user interfaces directly deployed on the card.

So this is simply not possible with compactRIO if I understood.

Many thanks and bests regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,409 Views)