Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot put sbrio to safe mode using reset button

Hello

I am using sbrio 9606

I can't put the sbrio to safe mode using the reset button as adviced in the user manual page 48

"Hold the Reset button down for 5 seconds, then release it. The Status LED turns on, then
starts blinking three times every few seconds. The device is now in Safe Mode with output
from the COM1 serial port enabled. You can use a serial port terminal to read the IP address
of the controller. If you want the controller to attempt a new DHCP connection, proceed to
step 2."

What more starnge is that it could be done long ago and was used several times but since the last operating system upfrade it does not work. The sbrio simply does a simple reboot cycle.

Vary Urgent.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Yuval Yohai

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,497 Views)

Hi Yuval,

Did you verify that the device passes the Power On Self Test? I saw a similar behaviour and realized that the device didn't seem to be attempting the POST after power-on as it should be. The manual states that at turn-on the 1st power LED should come on and then the second status light comes on when the power-on test is run and then goes off once it completes. The sbRIO I was using was not ever lighting the second status light after power-on and passing that step. May be something to check.

Best,

Kristen

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,435 Views)

Thank you Kirsten,

I will chack that although I am quiet sure it does. Also bare in mind the phenomanon happend in all 4 controllers roughly at the same time - after operating system change.

Thanks,

best regarsds,

Yuval

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,429 Views)