cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot format CRIO 9030

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to format my NI 9030 CRIO, I got an error (find attached: Format disk error 1.png). Then I followed instructions in this link "http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7222B532C01A90B1862580180081DC41" to format using console. But I got another error (find attached: Format disk error 2.png). Further I assume NI 9030 is in user directed safe mode because status LED is blinking thrice and then pauses. Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

Nanda

Nanda
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,087 Views)

Did you try rebooting the controller and then seeing if you can format through MAX now?

I am also noticing you did not do the non -c option for the format first.  You might want to try running that as well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,043 Views)

Thank you crossrulz for your reply. I tried rebooting multiple times, power cycled as well. But no results. I tried option c on the console, but same error messages.

Nanda
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,038 Views)

Hi Nanda1985,

A few clarifying questions, to make sure we fully understand the issue:

-How long have you been receiving these errors? Has the cRIO ever worked previously, or have you seen the errors all along?

-What kind of software do you have loaded on the RIO? Are you near capacity, or do you have just a few, simple programs loaded?

In situations like this, when you've already tried the options available online and the issue persists, your best bet would be to reach out to our support. We have access to some options that the online troubleshooting guides do not, and may be able to help you in this case. My recommendation would be to go to ni.com/support and submit a Service Request, or to call into our support line and work directly with one of our Applications Engineers to troubleshoot the issue. 

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,968 Views)

Hi KathyrnTheGreat,

Thanks for your suggestion. I guess I have to call NI support. 

I use this CRIO for my development and was working fine. I did not had any software running in startup. I pretty much ran LV programs from my development PC. I have been receiving these errors pretty recently. I wanted to install some new NI drivers, so I tried to format first and install everything fresh. 

Nanda
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,965 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nanda1985

Issue with my CRIO is fixed, after using NI recovery files from NI support. Seems the issue was due to a corrupt operating system file. Thanks everyone for looking in to this.

Regards,

Nanda

Nanda
Message 6 of 9
(5,887 Views)

Hi Nanda,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your RIO working again! Based on the symptoms you described, I suspected the recovery files might have been your best path forward, so I'm glad you were able to work with our support to verify that and resolve the issue.

Kathryn K.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
http://ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,877 Views)

j ai le même probleme et j ai pas pu recuperer le recovery.cfg pour 9030 est ce que je peux l'avoir

@KathrynTheGreat wrote:

Hi Nanda,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get your RIO working again! Based on the symptoms you described, I suspected the recovery files might have been your best path forward, so I'm glad you were able to work with our support to verify that and resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,049 Views)

Hi maroi_hajri@yahoo.com,

Configuration files cannot be posted publicly. If you create a service request with us, we can work on getting you one. You can create one by visiting our support page.

Thanks,

Timothy D.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,044 Views)