From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we do Bluetooth communication using the TiWi-BLE chip embedded in myRIO 1900

You probably need to set the environmental varialble that basically says when I run make I mean run this thing over here in the lib directory. I believe I covered it after I installed MPI so you may need to do something similar. Search through the linux real-time group as this question has probably come up.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(2,887 Views)

Kyle,

This time I only installed the "make". After being installed successfully,

I use echo "$PATH" to get my current path : /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/natinst/bin"

I use "which make" and the result shows: /usr/bin/make

Then I reboot the myRIO and login again, I got some problems.

1. I can only SSH login using safe mode. How can I get out of the safe mode? The first time I login in is "run mode", and the status LED on myRIO is totally off. 

2. When I use "make", it shows that "command not found". It seems like make is not installed. I also cannot find "make" using "which make", but in the file system I do see make is still there. The make is already in the system PATH, so I think the environment variable should not be the problem...But why the program I installed do not work after myRIO reboot?

3. When I run "Get start wizard", it shows some error and prevent the accelerometer demo working.

Everything is abnormal after "make" is installed. Situation is the same for any other software I installed on myRIO. How can I solve these problems? Thank you!

Best,

Aoyu

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(2,882 Views)

Kyle,

The "make" problem has been solved after I upgrade my LabVIEW to 2014. Now I need the "GLib library" to be upgraded to 2.28. I have post this question to NI real-time community and hope to get a solution.

Thank you so much!

Best,

Aoyu

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(2,874 Views)

Aoyu,

The NI Real-Time community will likely be the best place to gather answers about this question.  Many of our developers for NI Linux Real-Time monitor that forum to provide helpful insight.  I think I saw your post over there yesterday with a few responses already!  

Regards,

| Zach J. | Systems Engineer, HIL and Test Cells | National Instruments |
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(2,865 Views)