Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to cRIO 9074 in MAX

I am trying to connect to my cRIO with MAX or LabView, I have Windows 7 (x64) and LabVIEW 2010.  I installed NI-RIO 4.0 and had no luck.  I also went through the the support file "Why Does My CompactRIO Controller or Single-Board RIO Not Show Up in Measurement & Automation Explo...  but had no success with that.  I turned off my wireless and changed my local area connection IPv4 setting to an IP that should have found it, and also tried to go the the Network Connections Advanced Settings and put the Local Area Connection as the first connection.

After I reset the the IP address I did an ipconfig and I wasn't sure if under the "Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection" the "Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address" was the new IP but I tried everything with that ID as well.  I am able to ping that IP address but as I said I don't know if that is the address of the cRIO or not.

I have used this cRIO on a different computer that had windows XP but unfortunately that computer is not available to me anymore.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,346 Views)

I have always found the most reliable way to find a cRIO is the usage of Console Out.  Then you can right-click on Remote Systems and Add a Device (on a different subnet).

When you run ipconfig on your computer, you are only seeing the IP address of your computer, not the cRIO.

Is your cRIO connected directly to your computer, or to a router?  Either way, unless you know the ip address of the cRIO already, you should probably leave your computer on DHCP and not assign it a static ip.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 2 of 4
(6,343 Views)

trije,

Are you using LabVIEW 2010 or 2010 sp1. RIO 4.0 is only supported on sp1 of earlier versions of LabVIEW other than LabVIEW 2011. 

If you are using LabVIEW 2010 (non sp1) please uninstall the rio drivers and install RIO 3.5.1. 

Try following what PackersFan said and let us know if you are still having issues.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

Message 3 of 4
(6,328 Views)

I do have sp1, I ended up having someone else connect to the RIO and set the IP then I was able to add it in MAX manually.  Thanks for the help both of you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,319 Views)