From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access CompactFlash via FTP on cFP-2220 with RT 8.6.1

Matt, 

An easy step to try would be to not just reinstall LabVIEW on the controller, but completely reformat the controller to make sure your FieldPoint is properly seeing your drive.

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 58
(2,320 Views)
I have reproduced this error and I let you know my results after further investigation. I want to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 58
(2,288 Views)

This was reported to R&D (# 167701) for further investigation.

Thanks for the feedback!

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 58
(2,235 Views)
I have 3 cFP-2220 controllers with CF cards in them and am having the same problem with all of them.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 58
(2,201 Views)
As Stephen mentioned this bug has been reported to R&D.  I checked the notes and there is currently not a workaround for the issue.
Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 58
(2,182 Views)

Hi !

I am facing a similar problem: I cannot acces the CF of my cFP-2120 after

upgrading from RT 8.5.1 to RT 2010.0.1, using Fieldpoint 6.0.8 in both cases.

Is there a compatibility issue between cFP-2120 and RT versions >8.5.1 ? 

I completely format the cFP-2120 (Format Disk command in MAX).

The CF is a Kingston 4GB (FAT32) and worked fine in RT 8.5.1

It is not a matter of FTP access, since my LV code now returns an error when accessing 😧

Any idea of what's going wrong ? 

Regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 58
(1,279 Views)

Hello Dimitri,

The version of LabVIEW Real-Time should be fine for the controller, seen in this compatibility chart. What method do you use to try to ftp over: MAX, Windows Explorer, command prompt, internet browzer, FileZilla, multiple? There's no reason it shouldn't work with the same method it did in 8.5.1, and I see that LabVIEW now returns an error signals another issue, but if you could try more than one to confirm, that would be beneficial. This Developer Zone tutorial explains the options, as well as this Knowledge Base.

Does it give you a specific error code, timeout, or just not allow access? And then were these the steps you ran to reformat? It seems like some step may have been ran in the incorrect order. Have you repaired the FieldPoint driver since upgrading RT? I appreciate these details and will be looking into the problem further on this end as well.

Thank you,

Deborah Y.

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 58
(1,263 Views)

Hello Deborah !

I come back again on this CFlash issue:

I tried the same thing using the latest 2011 editions (LV & Real-Time + FieldPoint v.6.0.9), following exactly the steps you recommended.

The result is the same: everything works fine exept the CFlash access.

This cFP-2120 was taken out of the box and its CFlash works fine in 8.5.1. FTP access is checked with Filezilla and Internet Explorer.

The BIOS version of the cFP-2120 is the latest one (10.4).

What part of the installation affects the CFlash of the module ?

I don't know what to do anymore...

Regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 58
(1,179 Views)

Hello Deborah again !

Desperately seeking a solution on this CFlash issue, I discovered that the cFP-2120 (using the 2011 LV RT versions) works fine using an old 8MB (FAT formatted) flash card. So, the problem is on the CFlash cards.

I repeat that under the 8.5.1 environement my Kingston & SiliconDrive cards 4GB (FAT32) works fine, but when I upgrade to the 2011 environment it is not accessible. If I downgrade back to 8.5.1 the again everything is fine. And this is reproduced in two cFP-2120 modules.

Consequently, the upgrade process is OK but NI changed something in the way that cFP-2120 access the Compact Flash.

Waiting for an answer,

Best regards,

Dimitri

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 58
(1,166 Views)

Hi dfousek, 

I think Deborah is gone this week. Let me read through this thread and get back to you with what I find, thanks for your patience. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 58
(1,159 Views)