Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access CompactFlash via FTP on cFP-2220 with RT 8.6.1

Hi all,

I've stumbled across what looks to be a bug where I can not access the CompactFlash card using FTP on a cFP-2220 running the RT 8.6.1 software. The card can still be written to by the executable running on the device, just not accessed via FTP. If I load the RT 8.6 or 8.5.1 software onto the cFP-2220, the CompactFlash card can be accessed using FTP, so it appears there's nothing wrong with the card. I also verified the problem on a second cFP-2220 so the hardware doesn't look to be faulty either.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Unless otherwise stated, all code snippets and examples provided
by me are "as is", and are free to use and modify without attribution.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 58
(6,370 Views)

Hi Michael,

We have tried reproducing this issue and have been unsuccessful so far. What FTP client are you using? Also, could you please detail the steps you take in order to access the CompactFlash on your cFP-2220?

Thanks,

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
Message 2 of 58
(6,355 Views)

Hi Will,

Thanks for your reply. The clients I tried were Windows Explorer and WinSCP. I also just tried Filezilla without success. Attached are screenshots of the errors each client gave, which all seem to point to some I/O error.

The steps I used to produce the error are as follows. The CompactFlash is a 4GB SanDisk Ultra II.

1. Format the cFP-2220, then set the IP to 192.168.1.14

2. Install the LabVIEW RT 8.6.1 software (FieldPoint 6.0.4 - Dec 2008)

3. Power off the cFP-2220, insert the CompactFlash card, and power it up again

4. Try to access the CompactFlash card using the address ftp://192.168.1.14/d😕

The above steps work fine for for RT 8.6 (FieldPoint 6.0.3 - Sep 2008) and RT 8.5.1 (FieldPoint 6.0.1 - Jan 2008). I also tried the steps using a 512MB CompactFlash card with the same results.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 58
(6,344 Views)

Hello Micheal,

Try capitalizing the drive letter "D:"  Let me know if this works

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 58
(6,325 Views)

Using 😧 or d: didn't make a difference, but I think I have been able to pinpoint the issue. I just tried reinstalling RT 8.6.1 on the cFP-2220, but from a different machine running an 8.6.1 installation. This time everything worked just fine and I was able to access the CompactFlash. It looks like the LabVIEW installation on the machine I was using has been corrupted. So problem solved 🙂

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 58
(6,313 Views)

I am also experiencing problems trying to access the compact flash card on my cfp-2220 with RT 8.6.1. I tried reinstalling 8.6.1 and even tried 8.5.1 without success. Any suggestions.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 58
(6,158 Views)

Hello Matthew,

What FTP client are you using?  Also, try using the built in FTP transfer program in MAX.  Right-click on your cFP-2220 in remote systems and select File Transfer.  This will load a FTP program.  Can you access the compact flash from here?

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 58
(6,142 Views)

Hi Jon,

I tried using Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer as clients. I tried using the FTP transfer program in MAX and that also does not work. I tried using three different compact flash cards (a Sandisk 64 MB, a Sandisk 512 MB, and a NI 64 MB card NICF064HI).

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 58
(6,139 Views)

Hello Matthew,

You have tried both d: and 😧 when trying to navigate to the compact flash right?  I am trying to reproduce this on my end but so far I have been unsuccessful.  Have you ever experienced this behavior before?  Did this just start to happen after the upgrade to 8.6.1?

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 58
(6,125 Views)

Hi Jon,

I have tried both d: and D:. I have not experienced this before. I never worked with 8.6.1 or 8.5.1.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 58
(6,108 Views)