cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibrate NI 9265 module in cRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys

I have some NI 9265 analog current output modules, and I would like to perform an external calibration using a 8 1/2 digital multimeter available in the lab. I tried to do it using MAX interface, but I found out this is not possbile because the analog module is installed in a cRio 9074 controler. I only have this controler and an EtherCat chassi to install the modules. Is there some other way to perform the calibration using DAQmx with the NI 9265 installed in the cRio controler? Would it be possible in LabView?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,767 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lasn

Hey Lasn,

Unfortunately neither cRIO nor EtherCat chassis can be used with DAQmx  since they don't belong to DAQ platform. Some cSeries modules (e.g. NI 9265) are supported by both platforms, but it can be only calibrated by a cDAQ platform.

If you check the calibration manual for the NI 9265 (if you hadn't checked yet) you'll see that it recommends you to use a cDAQ-9178, which a 8 slot cDAQ chassis.

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372667b.pdf

If you really need an external calibration, please contact your local NI office to get more information on Calibration Services.

Best Regards.

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,734 Views)

Thanks, Felipe_vInst. I was afraid of that. I will try to get my hands on a cDaq chassi.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,725 Views)

Ok Lasn,

Let us know in case you need help with the Calibration process when you get the cDAQ chassis.

Best Regards

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,702 Views)