From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVS-1458 Isolated Input Minimum Pulse Detected

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using a CVS-1458 controller with a 24V industrial encoder which will be connected to the isolated inputs. At times, the encoder may approach the maximum pulse rate of the isolated inputs (100 kHz according to the device specifications). This shouldn't be a problem as it won't exceed that rate, however in the same device specifications it also says that the minimum pulse detected for the isolated inputs is 100 microseconds. This doesn't make sense, as a pulse rate of 100 kHz would have pulses of only 10 microseconds. Which parameter is correct? Or is there something else I'm missing that would make sense out of both specifications?

Here is a link to the specifications document for the CVS-1458:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375271a.pdf

Thank you,

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,539 Views)

Hi Luke,

I'm working with the product support team to get you an answer - I agree that the wording doesn't seem to be very clear.

I'll post an update when I get more information.

Regards,

George B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lukepike

Hi Luke,

It looks like you found a typo in our documentation.  The specification should read:

Maximum Pulse Rate: 100 kHz

Minimum Pulse Detected: 10us

Sorry about the confusion, but I'm glad you brought it up!

Regards,

George B.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,471 Views)

George,

No worries, thanks for the clarification!

Luke

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,462 Views)