Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRio, Ethercat 9144, Ni9264, FPGA RT, Cannot send AO signal to 9264 in Ethercat 9144

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings,

I'm trying to send write from a host  program to an AO "user defined variable" to an NI9264 located in a 9144 Ethercat module, since the 9144 does not support interactive control.

The FPGA vi successfully compiles but I get the error that the user defined variable associated with my AO control does not exist.

I can read values from other modules in the Ethercat 9144 crate from a host pc, but cannot write to the 9264 AO.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, other than assuming it is possible to do such a task on a CRio system?

Thanks,

Jim

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,594 Views)

Hi xband,

This error is related to a compilation issue, even if you did not get any error there might have been a warning or some other issue. Have you tried undeploying and deploying again the project ? Other thing that you may try is to copy the files into a new project and recompile.

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,557 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xband

Hi S.,

Thanks for the help.  The probelm turned out to be an issue with the setup of the "User Defined Shared Variables."  For the Analog Out from the module there is a tab in the Shared Variable properties that needs to be set to "Host to FPGA,"  for Analog In signals it will be "FPGA to Host." 

Simple enough, I had a couple of them configured properly but not all of my AO's, so I had the error.  Plus I then had an issue with which bitfile was loading to the FPGA, many things to keep track of, but it seems to be working properly now.

Thanks for your response, I was meaning to enter a solution reguardless.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,555 Views)

Funny that the Shared variable seems to be configured properly in the picture I posted, luck of the draw I guess.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,552 Views)