Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO not listed in MAX

As shown in the attachments,the CRIO along with the 3 connected cards are not listed in MAX.On trying to find it manually or automatically,it says no cards connected.

But actually there is a ethernet connection to the crio.I tried ping-ing for it in cmd,it worked.Pls help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,760 Views)

What changed from the time cRIO was discoverable in NI-MAX? What version of NI-MAX and RIO are you using?

First of all dont use "Remote VISA System" option, that is not for cRIO! If you know your cRIO IP address choose 'Remote Device (not on the local subnet)' option and manually type in cRIO IP address.

If you are using RIO 14.5 or later you should have an option called 'Troubleshoot Remote System Discovery' when you right click on the Remote Systems. Wizard will check your firewall, installed software and try to help you discover your cRIO.

If all that fails post back

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,744 Views)

Thanks for your response.

I am able to detect my device now.I have a calibrate an NI card-9237 in the chassis 9073.I have to self-test in MAX.I do not get an option called Self-tEST.The crio is listed but  not the card.

Pls help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,731 Views)

only cDAQ supports self-test for C-modules. As you are using a cRIO controller, you will have to create a simple project and test your c-module(s).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,518 Views)

Thanks for your response.

Could you pls share an example project for the same??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,509 Views)