Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are va_args supported in Labwindows CVI 2015 real time?

I have an application already developed and deployed in Labwindows CVI 2012 real time. I am now trying to upgrade my application to CVI 2015 RT. I am finding that I cannot even compile most of my previously deployed code in CVI 2015 RT. When I try to compile modules that us va_args the compiler crashes with a windows error and the compile fails. I have attached a doc with screen shots of the failures. I have isolated the crash to having 1 line of code present in my application “argp = va_start(argp, fmt);” When I try to compile with this line present the compiler crashes. When I comment it out, it compiles successfully. Are va_args no longer supported in CVI 2015 RT? Why is the compiler crashing when I try to compile with this line present? Is there any workarounds such that I can use the same functionality in CVI 2015 RT? I have also attached the source file I am trying to compile.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,089 Views)

e3089901,

I've not come across anything indicating that variable arguments can't be used in LabWindows/CVI 2015. I did find some documentation that suggested you can not use the va_arg macro on a structure. Perhaps this is it? 

If not, verify that with your new installation of CVI 2015 you have the "stdarg.h" header file. It should be in a directory similar to this: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\CVI2015\include\ansi\stdarg.h

That file is required for the macros you are trying to use.

-Will

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,063 Views)