Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog signal measuring and sampling

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask for some advice because i am new to data acquisition and programming.

I have an NI USB 6001 DAQ device and i need to complete a project where i measure signals coming from a test station. As i have only 8 analog input channels i am using multiplexers so i can measure more signals. My question is about detecting obslete relays in the tester. I would like to detect/measure if a relay is getting old/obslete and about to fail at one point when switching. Is it possible with this device to take samples and analyze them with a program ( I am using labwindows/cvi to programm the daq device) so we could predict the probable failure of a relay. 

For example the relays switch 90 times in a minute and i would like to know if i can see it in the samples i am taking/measuring that each switching is becoming different by time. ( for example : slower switching times or if the relay conducting ability slightly changes over time, so i could measure the resistance change in the voltagedrop).

/edit: Using the multiplexers could be a problem when collecting the data and reading it?
(By problem i mean i won't be able to analyze the samples because i have multiplexed them before acquiring them with the DAQ device.)

I hope i could describe my intentions and somebody can give me a hint or any pieces of advice if this can be done.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,363 Views)