Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-2519 error trying to create a TDMS file

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to create a TDMS file with some code on a 9073 that previously worked. It started giving me an error -2519, so after reading up, I did a reset of the cRIO - no help, then did a software restart on the cRIO - no help, then did a reformat, reinstall of the software on the cRIO - no help. Now what? It works with no errors if I run the code on a PC instead of the cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(8,196 Views)

It's been awhile since I've touched and RT system, but I'm pretty sure a cRIO does not have a C drive.  That is likely your problem.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(8,193 Views)

-2519 error means the TDMS component is not successfully loaded. It might because the tdms.out file is missing or corrupted. Have a check and reinstall LV RT will solve this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(8,177 Views)

crossrulz:

Thanks for the response - I removed the C: reference and then it gave me a -1430 error, which is the path is empty, or relative, and that an absolute path is required. If I put a backslash in front of the file path, it automatically fills in the C:, so it seems like it expects it. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(8,171 Views)

deppSu:

Thank you also for the suggestion. I had already reformatted the cRIO and reinstalled the software onto the cRIO which did not help. I will try relinstalling the LV RT onto my computer, and then  onto the cRIO again. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(8,168 Views)

I have now reinstalled LV RT onto my computer, reformatted the cRIO-9073, reinstalled the software onto the cRIO, and tried to run the program. I get the same -2519 error code. Any additional  suggestions? Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(8,164 Views)
Normally, the reinstall should work. We can also do some manual check. Make sure the TDMS component is on the cRIO, it should be at /ni-rt/system/tdms.out. If it's not you can manually copy the TDMS RT component from your host to the cRIO by FTP. If you have LV RT installed, on your host, the tdms.out should be at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\RT Images\TDMS\2.5.0\.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(8,156 Views)

The TDMS.out file does exist on the cRIO, so I was thinking maybe it is corrupted since it did exist. I went to the file location on my host computer to copy it, but do not have the RT Images\TDMS\2.5.0 folder, as I am running LabVIEW version 2011 SP1. I manually copied the TDMS.out file from RT Images\TDMS\2.3.0 folder and put it onto the cRIO. Same result.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(8,147 Views)

If you are using LabVIEW version 2011 SP1, the proper TDMS component should be 2.3.1. Attached is the released tdms.out of 2.3.1, you can try replace yours on the cRIO with this one (decompress first) , restart cRIO and see if it works.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(8,130 Views)

deppSu,

I appreciate all of your help, unfortunately that didn't work either.  

So with all of my frustration building, I gave up on that cRIO, found another one not in use (another 9073), and tried my program on that one, and it worked. There must be some issue with that particular cRIO. It's pretty old, so I guess I'm not surprised.  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(8,116 Views)