Labels
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various....

swatts
Active Participant

So the year is shooting past at a breakneck speed and here comes NIWeek 2015, sadly I blew my Jolly Fund in Rome and I won't be crossing the Pond this year. So this is a bit like me in a restaurant picking the meat dishes for my carnivore friends (I'm a veggie), here's what I would go and see if I was going....

As well as the keynotes, these are my picks (bear in mind I don't do many test systems any more so it's heavily biased on the software side of things)

TS6421 -      Don’t Panic: LabVIEW Developer’s Guide to TestStand - Chris Roebuck

TS5740 -      Computer Science for the G Programmer, Year 2 - Stephen Mercer and Jon McBee

TS7238 -      Curing Cancer: Using a Modular Approach to Ensure the Safe and Repeatable Production of Medicine - Duncan MacIntosh ,Fabiola De la Cueva

HOL7309 -   Hands-On: Introduction to Software Engineering and Source Code Control - Chris Cilino

TS6142 -      Hidden Costs of Data Mismanagement - Pablo Giner,Stephanie Amrite

TS6408 -      NI Linux Real-Time: RTOS Smackdown - Joshua Hernstrom

TS6720 -      Effective Project Management of LabVIEW Projects - Ryan Smith,Paul Herrmann

TS6977 -      10 Differences Between LabVIEW FPGA and LabVIEW for Windows/Real-Time Programming - Erin Bray

TS6303 -      LabVIEW FPGA Programming Best Practices - Zachary Hawkins

TS5898 -      Inspecting Your LabVIEW Code With the VI Analyzer - Darren Nattinger

TS7477 -      Using LabVIEW in Your Quality Management System - Maciej Kolosko

TS5698 -      Augmenting Right-Click Menus in LabVIEW 2015 - Darren Nattinger,Stephen Loftus-Mercer

HOL5977 -   Hands-On: Code Review Best Practices - Brian Powell

TS6420 -      5 Tips to Modularize, Reuse, and Organize Your Development Chaos - Fabiola De la Cueva

My interests here are software engineering, FPGA, and an increasing interest in data management. So I've chosen 13 hours of presentations + keynotes. Hopefully they will be video'd!

Talking of videos I've been busy tidying up some of our CSLUG presentations (more to come!)

These can be found here https://decibel.ni.com/content/thread/32010

I think it will make a nice archive over time.

If we manage to organise it, we're doing something a little different for the next CSLUG meeting on the 17th September, we're going to pick a subject and have a series of 4 slide presentations with multiple presenters. We should then get a spread of concepts for databases, error handling, customer sign-off etc etc. Each subject will be about 30 mins. We'll see how it works out!

Finally I'll be presenting on immediacy at the CLD summit in Newbury on 9 or 10th of September, so I'm busy updating my Rome presentation, I'm actually adding more technical content and taking some of the jokes out! I've been applying some of the techniques and can show some of these off now.

Workwise: SSDC Maritime Division is beginning to blossom, we're currently waiting on orders that are worth 150% of last years turnover! I'm also working on a distributed oscilloscope program that seems to be generating some interest (I'm actually quite proud of it so far) and then we are waiting for the go-ahead on a data repository design and reporting system. Any of these jobs may have a profound effect on SSDC and I may finally get the company hovercraft I always wanted. The downside is I will probably be slower on my blog output!

If you are travelling to Austin; travel safe, if you are presenting; present well!

Lots of Love

Steve

Steve

Opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Fab,Joerg and Brian amongst them):
DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop

Random Ramblings Index
My Profile

Comments